Policy Modification Deadline: 31 JANUARY 2020.
This policy applies to customers, consumers, agents, vendors, suppliers, partners (such as references and business partners), contractors or private representatives, and service providers (collectively “MyDFZ”, “us” or “you”)
Information or known as "personal data" is among the information that can be used to identify you or where you live. This includes but is not limited to name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification number, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, information health, vehicle information and insurance and road tax information of your vehicle.
Personal Information and Data.
MyDFZ collects Personal Data about you in the ways listed below. We may also combine the Personal Data collected with other Personal Data in our storage.
We will keep all data safe without any misuse by ourselves or any other third party.
You provide us with your Personal Data.
MyDFZ will collect your personal data when you voluntarily supply it to us. For example, you can provide us with your Personal Data when you:
- fill in the user profile or registration form;
- provide information to assess your eligibility to provide services as a MyDFZ reference partner;
- receive incentives and refunds:
- interact with our social media page pages;
- participate in competitions or events organized by us;
- use biometric features for your identity; and
- fill in demographic information in the survey.
Whenever you use our services.
Personal Data may be collected through the use of our digital platforms, Websites, our services. Some examples are:
- your location (to track driving locations and driving patterns);
- feedback, evaluation and praise;
- transaction information (such as payment methods and travel distance);
- information on how you interact with our digital platforms, Websites or our services (such as features used and content viewed);
- your mobile device information (such as hardware model and serial number, IP address, file name and version and ad identifier); and
- personal data you enter in messages when you use the communication features in our application.
- vehicle data you enter to verify the vehicle for insurance purchase
When MyDFZ collects Personal Data from other sources referring to those related to the affairs of this digital platform, we ensure that the data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable law. Such sources include:
- reference programs;
- our business partners, such as agent partners, payment providers, enterprise partners and transportation partners;
- insurance and finance providers;
- publicly available data;
- government data sources;
- when our users provide information about emergency contacts; and
- marketing service provider or partner.
References to related partners.
If you are a reference partner, we can quote:
- telematics data (such as speed, acceleration, and brake data);
- device data (such as acceleration data, GPS location, your IMEI number and the name of the application you have installed on your device); and
- your vehicle registration data.
- your vehicle insurance policy
Storage of Personal Information
Every piece of information we collect is sensitive. This includes information such as your personal ID number, race, marital status, and your health or religious beliefs. We only collect this information when necessary to comply with legal requirements or regulations set by the Government.
Images and pictures.
MyDFZ representatives or management can use a mobile camera to take personal information such as identity cards and vehicle grants. The use of such cameras is not authorized or prohibited for use by MyDFZ. The collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data obtained from personal mobile cameras is the responsibility of the relevant partner or representative. Please check with the relevant partner or representative if you have any questions regarding the use of their personal camera.
User age rights.
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow children under your care to submit Personal Data to the MyDFZ digital platform or MyDFZ services. If Personal Data such as minors is disclosed to MyDFZ, you hereby consent to the processing of the Owner's Personal Data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and be responsible for its actions.
If you submit personal information.
In some cases, you can provide us with the Personal Data of other individuals (such as spouse, family members or friends). For example, you can add it as your emergency contact. If you provide us with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you own and you have obtained their consent to their Personal Data so that it is collected, used and disclosed as set forth in this Policy.
Use of Personal Data
MyDFZ may use, combine and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purpose”).
Features and service provision.
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- provide you with Services across our business products;
- engage yourself to provide the Services;
- create, administer and update your account;
- verify your identity;
- confirm payment of your vehicle and process;
- offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions;
- detect your driving behavior and detect abnormal driving patterns;
- enable features that represent you, such as a list of your favorite places and previous destinations;
- perform the internal operations required to facilitate the provision of our Services, including troubleshooting software and operating problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analyzing usage directions and activities;
- protect the security or integrity of digital platforms and services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- process and manage your rewards;
- enable communication between our users;
- process, manage or validate your application for subscription with MyDFZ and provide benefits to customers; and
- enables our partners to manage and facilitate insurance settlement.
We prioritize security and we also use your data to ensure the safety and security of our services and all users. This includes:
- inspection of reference partners before enabling the use of our Services;
- identify unsafe driving behaviors such as accelerating, braking and acceleration, and providing information
personalized responses to partners;
- verify your identity when you use the MyDfz digital platform;
- use devices, locations, profiles, usage and other Personal Data to prevent, detect and combat unsafe scams or activities;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions, policies and the Code of Reference; and
- detect, deter and prosecute criminals.
We use Personal Data or collect customer personal information to resolve customer support issues. For example, we can:
- investigate and address concerns;
- monitor and improve our customer support response;
- answering questions, comments and feedback; and
- inform you of the steps taken to resolve customer support issues or complaints.
Research, development and security of personal data.
We may use the collected Personal Data for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to understand and analyze your needs and preferences, protect your personal data, improve and enhance the security and security of our services, develop new features, products and services, and facilitate insurance, road and financial tax and claims solutions.
Related to the law
We may use the Personal Data collected to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as permitted or required by applicable law
We may also use Personal Data that has been collected when we are required, advised, recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisers or any legal authority, authority, government or local or foreign authority.
For example, we may use your Personal Data that has been collected to:
- comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; and
- protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
MyDFZ may also use your Personal Data in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or the acquisition or part of our business by other companies.
Marketing and promotion
We may use your Personal Data to market the products, services, events or promotions of advertisers and advertisers of MyDFZ partners and related MyDFZ activities. For example, we can:
- sending alerts, newsletters, updates, senders, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings; and
- inform, invite and manage your participation in our events or activities;
We may deliver such marketing to you by mail, phone call, short message service, online messaging service, short notification and also by email also in the safest way of coming to our place of operation, this makes our service the safest service when this.
If you would like to subscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing and promotion, please click on the link to unsubscribe in the relevant email or message. Alternatively, you can also update your preferences in our digital platform and website settings.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Nowadays it is very necessary to share Personal Data with various parties for the Purpose. These parties include:
For example, if you are a customer, we might share your location with reference.
If you are a reference, we may share your Personal Data with your customers including your name and photo; Your average position, full name and age.
With a third party
For example, we may share customer names and information with third parties (insurers, reinsurers) when customers use the Customer Service feature or activate Automatic Renewal which has been set guidelines on our digital platforms and websites.
With subsidiaries and affiliates
We share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associates, joint control entities and related representatives.
With MyD service providers and dealersFZ
We may provide Personal Data to our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and service providers or business partners. This includes:
- payment processors and facilitators;
- background check and anti-money laundering service provider;
- information data storage service provider;
- marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- data analysis provider;
- research partners, including those conducting surveys or research projects in partnership with MyDFZ or on behalf of MyDFZ;
- agents and reference partners;
- insurance and financing partners; and
- rakan kongsi penyelesaian kenderaan, vendor atau pembekal kenderaan pihak ketiga.
Legal advisers and government authorities
We may share your Personal Data with our appointed legal counsel, law enforcement officers, government authorities and other third parties.
Personal data settings
We set and maintain your Personal Data as long as you maintain your MyDFZ account with us. When your Personal Data is no longer required for MyDFZ-related Services or Purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose to retain your Personal Data, we take steps to prevent access to or use of such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance. to privacy policies, or for security, prevention and fraud detection purposes.
International Related Personal Data Transfer
Your Personal Data may be transferred from the country, state and city (“Home Country”) you have while using our services to other countries, states and cities (“Country of Origin”). You understand and agree to transfer your Personal Data from your Home Country to the Alternate Country. But MyDFZ is a Malaysian product so it is safe for Malaysian consumers and we remain steadfast with the stand and words of encouragement that is From Malaysia to Malaysia.
In addition, we also have the right and may share anonymous Personal Data with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or public account identifier cryptographic hashes (such as email addresses), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
Amendments and updates
MyDFZ reserves the right to modify, update or amend these terms and conditions or Policy at any time by placing an updated Policy on the Website. By continuing to use the digital platform, Website or services, purchasing products from MyDFZ or continuing to communicate or engage with myDFZ following modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, you make a determination by marking your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
If you have any questions about your personal data, please contact our Data Privacy Officer at:
MyDFZ Data Protection Officer:
Hasril Asyraf Bin Hashim
No. 790 Jalan Rengas, Sungai Puyu, 13020 Butterworth, Penang.